A soul to release A soul to release

Awesome production quality.

You have to tell me what guitar emulation software you use. The mastering of the background beat is perfect. Not often you see that professional quality on newgrounds. Great job my friend.

jaysummers759885 responds:

I am playing my guitar through a Line 6 UX1 using Gearbox Line 6 monkey as my amp modeler.

The software used to record, and responsible for the ability for me to mix is Ableton Live v.8.2.2.

Alot of people use EZ drummer as well for a nice realistic drum sound.

I find that Ableton works for now, because really, you are never going to replace the sound of a good drumset, including a good drummer behind it. lol...

AND DUDE... lol... If you think my stuff is good, you should check out some of the guys on my Favorite Audio Artists list on my page....

Especially MetalJonus.... they are GREAT at this man. lol.

Thanks for stopping by, all my best wishes,

Nod Nod

Mastering could be better...

To take care of that static on the high end during the build, try decreasing the resonance or lower the appropriate frequency. Nice job on the low end tho. I felt myself going deff like i just came out of the club lol.

ThaKidd responds:

I love the ending too, I put the final up if you wanna take a listen

Get Them Get Them

Mastering, please.

The song is well put together, but the mastering could use a little work. You have so much noise on the high end that it is distorting the crash just about every time you nail it. And you just about lose all bass at the 0'27" mark. That's the only criticism I can offer, but it seems to overpower the whole piece.

Flalaski responds:

I should have mentioned i made this all on PXTone Collage. no mastering options there. though i could've mastered the mp3 on Reaper then posted. oh well. thank you for the review! will keep that in mind next time.

Chain Fence Chain Fence

Great, professional arrangement.

The unique drum and piano arrangement really help to make this song come alive. Mastering is well done too. If your submissions are typically this HQ, then you have a follower in me my friend.

Sytrus 3500 (Complete) Sytrus 3500 (Complete)

I like the creativity.

Solid work right here. Could have used stronger compression/better EQ, but all the instruments and the core worked well together. And all with one synth...

Thank you for favoriting my own song. If you have any tips (or maybe want to do a collabo, b/c I too use FL Studio) just PM me.

Dark Arrangement Dark Arrangement

Thoughts...

Agree with all of the reviews before me. Other tips:

You have really thick compression on this song. Understandable, considering the pounding of the bassline (which is well done, by the way). Not sure how you mixed it, maybe throw more compression on just the bassline track. First snare needs to be a bit louder. Choir sample sounds kinda bad, but I know as well as any musician that good choir samples are hard to find. Nice job mixing up the drum loop at the 2'08" mark.

Keep in mind that in a hip-hop song, everything should follow the drums. They should really be louder than anything else in the song.

I listened to some of your later songs, and you seem to have left all the problems this song has behind, so I'm not to worried.

Thank you for favoriting my song, I really appreciate it. If you have any criticism for anything else I have, holla!

~DJ Frost

LucreOnBeats responds:

Compression was still a relatively new thing to me when I made that track, something I'm way better at now. This song was actually made before any of the other stuff I posted on here, so I didn't figure it would make sense to post it after everything I already had put up. I showed a couple of people the track, and since I lost the computer with the FL file on it, I couldn't re-work it to make it sound better. I might take the computer to a friend who fixes hard drives, so I can slave it to my current and extract all of my older music.

Anyway, thanks for the review.

Grasslands at Dusk Grasslands at Dusk

Excellent use of tools.

Great core to this "ambient song." I also like the way you switch it up to keep it interesting, and the panning effects on the background synth bass are perfect. I give it a 5-vote.

Guy below = retarded. How are you gonna try to end your review with anonymous when it has your name right there? lmao

Erotica Erotica

Don't know if I would call this song trance lol

I will say that the song goes on for entirely too long. Maybe throw in a breakdown and a trance synth. I mean, you are using the same background melody and bassline for about 90% of the song. Don't think I'm bashing you, I had the same problem starting out. Nice core though.

First Second First Second

Alright, but...

That bass synth you threw in at the 1'36" mark really threw of the rest of the song. I would throw in some good ol eurotrance instead. The intro could have been about two or four bars shorter. That high TS404 synth that came in around the 47" mark was pretty cool though. Sorry but I just think that bass synth just really hurt the song.

Mid-Night responds:

It's an electro house song dawg.

You're giving it a low score because of it's genre, that's just not cool.

Learn to be a little more open?

BHK- Beat 5 (3/8/09) BHK- Beat 5 (3/8/09)

Here's what I would suggest.

Turn up the drums a tad bit louder. In rap, you want the drum set to be the loudest section of the song. The samples also need to be better quality (and trust me, I know good samples are hard to find.) I'm also not sure what kind of theme you want this song to have. I will say that you have a lot of good ideas, and I really like the transition to the new melody at the "36 mark. If you mix this up a lil bit, go on and resubmit it. Message me and I'll review it again.

Blackhoodkrew responds:

I know what you mean though and yea i get to the drums. I didnt eq anything yet or compress but some of those instruments you hear are from a fantom x except the bell like sound, thats from the fm-7 plugin. I do need to mix it up a bit and thanks for honesty.